THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED. SORRY!
Approx. 14 weeks from 4/9/17. Based near Bozel, Savoie. €€€ competitive + travel and expenses.
Here at LVG our Booze Consultants spend the whole year whizzing around the Alps and beyond, putting together wine lists, helping clients to choose their wines and hosting tastings or events. In the run-up to the busy winter season they need a bit of a hand…
Leading the charge are our long-serving wine (and beer) glass wagglers Amanda Myles and Guillaume Masson, plus LVG head honcho, Adam Breen. The successful candidate will initially assist Adam but will quickly come to provide support to Amanda and Guillaume and be expected to take on ever-greater levels of autonomy as their familiarity with our systems and clients grows.
The job is a sales job at the core but our market requires a much more personal, flexible approach. Our clients expect us to understand their needs, to listen to them, educate them where necessary and to understand who their clients are. Almost everyone that we meet is not buying wine and beer for themselves, but for a client that they have yet to meet. Yes, we sell great booze at great prices but it is our advice and experience that make us most valuable to our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- A very good knowledge of wines (and preferably beers too).
- Plenty of sales experience.
- A personable, relaxed but professional attitude.
- Strong administrative skills. Every meeting requires good preparation and follow-up.
- Ability to roll their sleeves up and deal with what is in front of them. In our small team we all have to be prepared to turn our hands to many things in order get the job done. Flexibility is essential.
- Very good spoken and written English (level B2/C1+ or native English speaker)
- Ability to work autonomously, often in a half-closed ski resort in the middle of night(!).
- A driving license that is valid in Europe and confidence to drive in wintry conditions.
- Requisite EU employment rights or a visa to work for a French company.
Successful candidates will receive support from us to find themselves accommodation but must be prepared to travel extensively (mainly in the French/Swiss/Austrian/Italian Alps, but also potentially to the UK), often spending nights away from home.
Applications should be made in writing to email@example.com. This position will close as soon as the right candidate is found.