THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED. SORRY!
Approx. 2 weeks from late November 2017. €€€ competitive + travel, accommodation and expenses.
Just prior to the winter season is a busy, busy time for our Alpine team – running around getting wine lists finalised, deliveries scheduled and our clients up to speed on their wines before the influx of thirsty ski tourists.
As part of our service we offer our clients the opportunity to benefit from wine training sessions – both in workshop format and tailored wine tastings. We require a knowledgeable and experienced wine educator to join us for approximately two weeks from late November 2017.
Working alongside Claire Blackler and our office-based coordinator, the right candidate will criss-cross the Alps teaching our clients in restaurants, bars, hotels and chalets all about wine, where it comes from, how to assess it, serving wine and how to present wines in a professional environment.
Sessions are typically semi-formal and delivered in English with an emphasis on confidence-building, wine appreciation and wine service. The right candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering wine training sessions. Typically at WSET level 1/2.
- A sufficient knowledge of wine and wine making to cater for more advanced learners.
- A background in wine – be it wine making, education or commercialisation. Your story makes the training sessions come alive.
- Very good spoken English (level B2/C1+ or native English speaker)
- Ability to work autonomously, often in a half-closed ski resort in the middle of night(!).
- A driving license that is valid in Europe and confidence to drive in wintry conditions.
- Requisite EU employment rights or a visa to work for a French company.
The 2-week stint will probably involve 8-10 ski resorts and about as many different beds. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to experience teaching in a unique environment.
Applications should be made in writing to email@example.com. This position will close as soon as the right candidate is found.